Thursday, October 15, 2015

Two Room Challenge - Week #2, Room #1

Welcome back to my crazy Two Room Challenge.  First up this week will be the family room.

A reminder of what we're starting with:


I still like the room.  It is just showing some age and I'm ready for a change.  Here is what I'm thinking.


Family Room

I'll paint the wall above the fireplace the same color I painted in the kitchen above the wainscoting to tie the 2 rooms together.   The sectional has been ordered (ugh, 10 week wait?!).  New drapes to add in some texture.  Hopefully a new rug to replace the one Piper has been using as a chew toy (note to self: train puppy to not eat the rugs).  I still need to choose the paint color for the other walls.

Now, I get to hurry up and wait for the couch :)

Check out the other participants of the One Room Challenge.
Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. I like that rug on your mood board - can you tell me where you found it? I'm also on the hunt for a family room mini-makeover, and need a rug that hides dirt, spills, etc, and I like the subtle color and pattern in that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! It is the Alvarez rug from Crate & Barrel: http://www.crateandbarrel.com/alvarez-garden-wool-blend-8x10-rug/s178765 and I'm ordering it for the exact same reasons you listed :) It comes in blue and orange/blue.

    ReplyDelete