Wednesday, January 8, 2014

DIY Chalkboard Art


This one goes down in my 'free art' category.  Using an old Ikea Ribba frames, the wasted cut-out from a mat from another project and some leftover chalkboard paint I created some free art for the boy's room.

Side bar.  I bought a graphic screen print of the USA from Orka Posters (I'll show you that later) and framed it using an Ikea frame.  I love Ikea frames but their openings are odd.  Not only are my incredibly talented parents responsible for most of the art in my house but they also cut their own custom mats.  Convenient right?  Dad cut a white mat for the poster and my $20 poster now looked fancy and custom.  I was about to toss the scrap cut out when a lightbulb appeared.

I painted it with chalkboard paint I had on hand and then sketched a football play with plain, white chalk.  Into a gray frame it went and I had myself instant and free art.




Just don't tell the O team that they don't have enough men on the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment