Sunday, January 11, 2015

Powder Room Reveal



Let's take a quick look at what we started with.  The room was very yellow when we bought the house.  It had a massive formal vanity, window trim for baseboards, brightly colored slate tile and (you can't see it in this picture) a very ugly pendant light.  A hot mess.  Since then it has been a few different colors.


I chose a dark teal printed grasscloth wallpaper from Spoonflower.  They custom cut it to the 4' lengths I needed above the bead board, labeled each roll and provided a legend showing which numbered roll corresponded to which measurement.


I've never hung wallpaper before so my parents were really generous and papered it for me while I was at work.  They said it was a 2 hour job.  They're such peaches.


Then we hung this gorgeous Parsons bone-inlay herringbone mirror from West Elm.


The sink, lighting, fixtures and bead board were all put in the day I went into labor with my now 6 year old so this was strictly a cosmetic upgrade.  Those are my favorite kind.




5 comments:

  1. Hi Meg, I love it! Does the wallpaper have a texture? Or is it smooth, but has the painted look? It is a stunner. Your parents are amazing, too. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks amazing! That mirror is the stuff dreams are made of--love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my... I am in love with that wallpaper! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Giaonhan247 chuyên dịch vụ mua hàng mỹ từ dịch vụ order hàng mỹ hay nhận mua nước hoa pháp từ website nổi tiếng hàng đầu nước Mỹ mua hàng ebay ship về VN uy tín, giá rẻ.

    ReplyDelete