Saturday, June 15, 2013

Engineer Print


$3.79 project.  Did I have you at $3.79?
This is one of my favorite images of my boys because it showcases their personalities perfectly.  It was Easter so obviously my jokester Matthew was making bunny ears while the other 2 were yelling “AHHHHH” and "CHEEEEEESE" at the top of their lungs.  

You can get any image blown up to 24'x36” as an engineer print in black and white at Staples.  I logged into their website, uploaded the image, selected my local Staples location and the order was in.  10 minutes max.  
$3.79 later this is what I see each time I walk down our basement stairs:


2 comments:

  1. A few questions - did you make the pic b/w first? Or did you upload a color pic? Also, did you mount it or is the picture just on the wall>

    Thx! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ginny! I uploaded a color pic and the Staples site will automatically convert to black and white. I used 3M poster strips to hang it because I wasn't sure if tape would hold long term. I decided not to mount the picture to anything because each side of the picture (except the bottom) is adjacent to a wall so I decided that bringing it off the wall into 3-D wouldn't have been worth the effort. I really like the end result though so I may do some more prints in the basement and if I do that I'll probably mount to an insulation board using either a spray adhesive glue stick. Hope that helps!

      Delete