Well we didn't finish either room in 6 weeks but at least we're close. The family room is done but the couch won't be delivered for another couple of weeks. Probably a blessing in disguise considering my house is covered in a layer of fine spackle dust. Each time I type 'spackle' my computer wants to autocorrect to 'sparkle.' Makes me giggle each time.
I was able to remove the above wall paper in under 20 minutes but unfortunately the walls beneath it were already on its last legs and basically only held up by the dozen or so coats of paint I've put on them. So we ripped everything down.
The bad news is that it set us back a week. The good news is that we were able to upgrade everything in the room (add a fan and an outlet, fix some old wiring, add a new light fixture, etc.). There is not a single thing from the original room that was kept. Even the subfloor went.
New drywall was hung, followed by mud, sand repeat for about a week. I painted the top half of the wall using some leftover Revere Pewter.
The bottom half gets all the leftover bead board from the porch project that I never showed you the final product on (b/c we honestly never finished it! Maybe next year).
Sean swapped the ugly dental crown molding with the molding that matches the rest of our house and it was painted out with Benjamin Moore Acadia White.
And now I'm currently in this cycle. Prime, wall paint, trim paint, ceiling paint.
Of all the places this dog could choose to sleep he chooses the 3'x5' construction zone. I think we picked the perfect dog for our family.
I'm hoping one more week and then we can call this room done. Check out the other participants here (hopefully they're not still painting!).