Monday, May 13, 2013

Dining Room

Back to Operation Dining Room.  I definitely got side tracked with the living room.  While waiting the 4 days it took to get the drapes back from the seamstress we jumped into the living room.  So then the poor drapes sat on our dining room table for a month.

Finally, they're up.  I bought four 96" Woodland drapery panels from West Elm and had them hemmed to 91" so that I could hang them floor to ceiling and fill the side walls with fabric.  

The before (crazy color combination with sparkles, awful floors, silly light fixture)


The during (dark and stuffy):


Done!  I like that the drapes hung higher and wider on a beefier rod (snicker snicker) makes the room feel bigger and fresher.


Pretty, fluid pattern.




Next up is to reupholster the dining room chairs with a fresher fabric but I'm thinking I shouldn't bother until the boys are older.  Who am I kidding, boys will always be walking messes :)
Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful. Please tell me you will reupholster the seats yourself. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete