Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Plantation Shutters

So we finished the master bath a year ago and since then our choices have been to either shower in the dark or 'put on a show' for the neighbors since we have no window coverings.  It is finally time to get some decency.

Here is what it currently looks like:



We decided on plantation shutters because we needed privacy while maintaining good lighting.  We ordered them about 6 weeks ago and after going back and forth on designs I honestly can't remember with what we decided on.  I guess we'll wait and see for them to be installed later this week!

In the meantime below are some plantation shutters in bathrooms that served as inpiration.





Then in the process of looking for shutters in the bathroom I stumbled upon this picture of the shutters in the living room and now I'm wondering if this is my solution to updating the window treatments in the living room?  


My credit card is rolling its eyes at me. 
Follow Me on Pinterest

18 comments:

  1. I think they're a great choice for your space! Can't wait to see how they look when installed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginny! The best part is that we're not installing them. Get this - we're actually paying someone else to do it and we're NOT DIY'ing it! :)

      Delete
  2. I love plantation shutters. They were too expensive for my budget. Good for you, I can't wait to see them up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed - it was definitely a splurge (hence the reason we put it off for a year!). I justified it by doing our taxes this year (I'm an accountant but I hate doing my own). Will do taxes for window treatments :)

      Delete
  3. These custom blinds look amazing and I love the drama that the lights gives to the room. It is a great decision to have those plantation shutters installed. It controls the light coming from the outside. Love the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very elegant! Plantation Shutters and their versatility gives style with the home. I'll share your blog through Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read through the whole blog and get more information about Sydney Hot Water .I think this is very helpful to everyone, Thanks for share such blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an interesting blog that you have posted. You shared a lot of things about plantation shutters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, this was a really quality post. In theory I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real effort to make a good article... but what can I say... I procrastinate a lot and never seem to get something done.....

    Plantation Shutters

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks man. It's something that gets underestimated an awful lot on most sites continuous gas hot water system

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, that gets underestimated an awful lot on most sites gluten free food.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the plantation shutters are a great idea. Bathrooms should really be a place where we should be most comfortable in since it's the place where we pamper ourselves. Having those shutters will definitely provide you with your much needed privacy.

    Greg Arnett

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very excellent writing, more informative, I like it. Thanks...............

    http://www.hnbpaincenter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome and beautifully written blog you have shared which describe about the plantation shutter, that makes our home beautiful. You can find some great stuff at Shutters In London.

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice share. Really love those samples. I might try it out soon. than you


    Plantation Shutter

    ReplyDelete