Thursday, January 9, 2014

Baby boy's room will continue to be a work in progress but I'm calling it good enough for now.  There is still a lot of blank wall space and we're still trying to figure out the carpet situation but it is an improvement over what was there.

I started by repainting all the baseboards, doors and trim work and swapping out the brass doorknobs for brushed nickel to match the rest of the house.  Then I painted the walls Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter.  



I added 2 new nightstands from Overstock.  The $140 price was way better than the identical $300 Pottery Barn version.  The lamp is from Ikea.  I've never bought an Ikea lamp but I was really impressed with the weight and quality for the $29.99 price tag.



I framed a screen print of the USA from Orka Posters using an Ikea frame.  


I used the cut out scrap from the mat to make the chalkboard football play art.


Added the faux metallic letters I made here.



I used the Overstock.com reward points from buying the nightstands to buy the navy map canvas below.  It gets a little lost on the wall so I may end up framing it to give it some weight.



New bedding.  Ikea gingham checked Euro shams ($1.50!), quilt, standard shams and gray and white checked duvet cover from Pottery Barn.  Spiderman sheets are hidden under all that :)


Still need to figure out this wall but will wait until the crib is gone to see what I'm working with.


Last but not least I moved the rolling storage crate to this room to store books.  Tutorial here.


So that's it (for now)!  Next up, figure out the carpet situation.

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment