Thursday, January 9, 2014

Baby boy's room will continue to be a work in progress but I'm calling it good enough for now.  There is still a lot of blank wall space and we're still trying to figure out the carpet situation but it is an improvement over what was there.

I started by repainting all the baseboards, doors and trim work and swapping out the brass doorknobs for brushed nickel to match the rest of the house.  Then I painted the walls Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter.  



I added 2 new nightstands from Overstock.  The $140 price was way better than the identical $300 Pottery Barn version.  The lamp is from Ikea.  I've never bought an Ikea lamp but I was really impressed with the weight and quality for the $29.99 price tag.



I framed a screen print of the USA from Orka Posters using an Ikea frame.  


I used the cut out scrap from the mat to make the chalkboard football play art.


Added the faux metallic letters I made here.



I used the Overstock.com reward points from buying the nightstands to buy the navy map canvas below.  It gets a little lost on the wall so I may end up framing it to give it some weight.



New bedding.  Ikea gingham checked Euro shams ($1.50!), quilt, standard shams and gray and white checked duvet cover from Pottery Barn.  Spiderman sheets are hidden under all that :)


Still need to figure out this wall but will wait until the crib is gone to see what I'm working with.


Last but not least I moved the rolling storage crate to this room to store books.  Tutorial here.


So that's it (for now)!  Next up, figure out the carpet situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment